Skydiving, Tattoos, Dating, Under Eye Bags & Purpose

I turn a big number this year. I can barely muster the digits. I won't for now.  Numbers are the WORST! They boss us around so much. They tell us how long we'll be stuck  at the DMV, determine how dimwitted or intelligent we are, remind us how many pounds we are away from "health," and finally...this age thing...this lame number, forcefully declares that we ought to have arrived at some certain stage of life. The pressure!

So what does a gal do to hash out all of the messy journey to "the big number?" She starts a blog. Duh. 

As you can see in the headline, I plan on covering all of the above. 

This blog is going to be me. It's going to be as vulnerable as my guts will allow. It's going to be full of imperfection.  I am saying it here and now.  I am NOT going to be theologically perfect. It's definitely NOT going to be grammatically perfect. I am NOT going to always be in a great mood.  This is NOT a business blog but I might chat about photography candidly here. This is totally whatever needs to be processed, whatever God puts on my heart, whatever, whatever, whatever....all of the things and whatever. 
Should the Lord decide it should grow into something greater than a place to relate and cheer each other on, so be it. 

Why the name, "Who Could She Be?" 

My swell friend, Matt Martin uttered the words out of his mouth at home group one night and I just knew that it was the name. 

For years, I've known that my calling is to women.  I have avoided all things "women's ministry" because it's always left a bad taste in my mouth.  Big conferences with matching t-shirts, big hair do's, crying women, drama....no bueno.  I mean...one conference, the speaker had us flapping our arms around like butterflies to somehow get us to be free. Um. No.  Not this girl.  Hence, about a decade of being Jonah. 

Recently, God kindly and gently eased me back into my lane.  It started with opening my eyes to the women in my life that just needed a friend. I mean...I've had friends and I've been a friend, but this time it was different. I knew that I needed to be aware of when He wanted me to be available.  To be present in mind and heart. Then it became clearer when He put a few younger fellow creative chicks into my life.  Younger versions of myself that needed the pep talk from a big sis. The #girlboss kinda talk.  Lastly, through the mouth of babes man!  One of those sweet middle schoolers stopped me after church one day to tell me that she felt like God wanted me to open my eyes to the girls He was putting in my life. That this season was about women in my life.  Middle school and high school girls from church just kinda started merging into my lane.  Just hopped on in and decided I was cool enough to hang with them.  

Regardless of age or stage in life, the common denominator in ALL of them was the deepest cry of a woman's heart--am I loved, lovable and worthy of love? Second to that and almost equally--am I beautiful? Thirdly, what is my purpose and do I have what it takes to fulfill it?

So, while this blog is going to be a deeply personal exploration of this year-of-the-big-number, undoubtedly, the theme of finding purpose and worth is going to emerge on the daily. 

Girl (and guys) I'm gonna talk about it ALL.  I think anyways.  My under eye bags, my screwups, my dating adventures, tattoos, books, music, business lady talk, searching for joy. All of the things. 

I turn that big number in November btw.  Help me figure out how to celebrate?

If you want to read a little more background, I did a little entry in my friend, Christian Reyes's blog.  I spilled my guts there.  Go visit and subscribe to her project too:  https://www.hashtagshelaughs.com/hashtagblog/2018/5/23/christinas-story

Below are a few of the gals God recently put into my life to reawaken a love for his daughters.  I love them all. 

I feel like I should say something like...stay tuned for more! So corny. You feel me. 





2 comments

  1. Following, so glad we had a chance to connect. Love your spirit and heart!! ❤janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A comment! Yay! hahah...I almost didn't see this. Thank you friend!

      Delete